DOWNTOWN COLUMBUS GEORGIA TOUR SUMMARY
Experience the brick-laden stretch of Broadway in the Downtown Columbus Georgia Tour. Take in the old and the new, with over 30 points of interest.
See the homes of John Pemberton, the inventor of the world’s most famous soft drink. Plus, the spot where a competitor launched his own soda.
Many historical landmarks such as The Springer Opera House, Heritage Park, and the Chattahoochee Promenade.
The tour will touch some local Black History, the industrial history, and even some sports tidbits for any fan.
Hear the stories that helped transform Columbus from the western frontier settlement of Georgia to the “Jewel of The Chattahoochee.”
Meet downtown at 900 Front Avenue, Columbus GA (Visitors Center)
DOWNTOWN COLUMBUS GEORGIA AREAS FEATURED:
- Historic District
- Uptown Business District
- Memorial parks
- Former downtown industrial district
Please allow up to 2 hours for this tour. We have one-hour version of this tour, too.
All tour times are Eastern.
FOR WALKING TOURS: A two-mile walk with designated “break” stops along the way. The terrain is 99% flat surface with one mild incline, with the majority of the tour on sidewalk.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes. It’s highly encouraged to bring water and simple snack to stay fueled and hydrated.
- The first $100 are non-refundable.
- Exchanges can be made, if the request is made at least 24 hours before the start of the tour.
- Reschedule date must be within 1 year of original tour date.
A little rain doesn’t slow us down. Our tours are rain or shine, hot or cold events, except under warnings.
Exchanges can be made for the following:
- If the postponement is due to inclement weather, See “What about inclement weather?” on our FAQ.
- Exchange can be made to a Guide-On-Board Tour, to be conducted at the same scheduled tour time, only if it’s possible.